Temple Anshe Sholom is a congregation of 350 families. Our congregation is diverse: seniors, younger and older families, families with children, interfaith families, same-sex couples, couples without children, and individual members. We offer weekly Shabbat services including Torah study and congregational worship, services and celebration of all Jewish holidays, a religious school for children in grades JK through high school, youth activities for children in grades 3 to 8 and 9-12 (TASTY), and annual Scholar-in-Residence programs. Family Jam Band Shabbat Services and Community Dinner occur on the third Friday monthly (reservations for dinner up to a week in advance). The Deborah Sisterhood engages in regular programs and activities to support our congregation and our school, and operates a beautiful Judaica Gift Shop. Our men’s group meets to discuss and promote projects important to our community.
We have solid core values, including the following:
- We are fully egalitarian and have a strong connection to the Union For Reform Judaism.
- We have a strong history of commitment to social justice and community involvement.
- We promote positive Jewish identity through lifelong learning.
- We worship using the recently published Mishkan T’filah.
- We enjoy music as a core feature of our services, both vocal and instrumental.
- We identify strongly with Israel.
- We are a cohesive and supportive congregation.
- We highly value our youth and our seniors.